Monday, June 01, 2009

First Birthday

Cute overloadWe went to a 1-year-old's birthday party on Saturday. The "Casa De La P-Ziddy" was all decked out for their adorable little girl.

It was mostly a family event, so my wife and I were a little out of place. Even so, the regulars quickly accepted us into the herd once they realized we posed no threat.

1-Year-Old, naturally, was the star of the show. She smeared cake all over herself, played with the boxes instead of the presents, and wrapped every adult around her little fingers. Exactly as it should be.

Ook overloadI was amused to overhear somebody say, "I wonder if this icing is non-staining." I seriously doubt that question was asked before the point of no return. I also think I heard a couple of teenage boys talking about speedos. I could have misheard that part and frankly, I hope I did.

As the event wore on, I kept hearing people say "Oh! My camera batteries are dead." One by one, all the cameras were put away. And then 1-Year-Old started to walk. It was her first time walking more than just a couple of steps. Mine was one of the few cameras still functioning.

...and many more...Not to worry, P-Ziddy. We're going to send you a disk with the short little video I took while she was trotting around. :)

My favorite guest was the insane old woman in the blue nightgown. She had more gaudy blue jewelry than knuckles. She was loud and brash and fun. She reminded me of a couple of my relatives.

'Zid, you and Mrs. 'Zid throw a heck of a good kiddo party. Well done.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well Kim and I can't wait to come see your first one someday!

code word "psesti"

So even the blogosphere thinks I'm being a pest I take it......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home