Monday, June 15, 2009

Drowned Rat

Friday stank.

Friday morning thunderstorms came blazing across the state. We heard from Stillwater that there was large hail. All the panicky local weather warning wazzits predicted up to golf ball sized hail.

That'll leave a mark.At work, my car sits 5 blocks away in an uncovered parking lot.

I decided to do something I've never done before (and am unlikely to do again). I ran out to move my car from the free lot to a parking garage.

The heavy rain started as I hit the door.

Half-way to the car, the wind was bad enough that I had to fold up the umbrella and run for it.

I did get the car moved, at least. But I looked like I'd jumped in a swimming pool. Water poured out of my shoes when I took them off. I pointed my desk fan at my shoes and socks... it took all day for the socks to dry, and the shoes were still soggy.

This has been a test of the emergency machismo system... If there had been any actual machismo...
(dramatization)
For a while I had my shirt open, trying to help it dry out. I was barefoot, open-shirted, and dripping wet. I looked like the cover of a romance novel.

My jeans never did dry out. All day it was like sitting in a tub of ice water, with an icepack placed over the main attraction. I don't recommend it.

Room for 1!iCanSpell suggested I cuddle up in the Popcorn Machine, which I seriously considered.

Oh, and I'm sure you can guess the last punchline. It doesn't take much imagination, really.

We had no hail. Naturally.

5 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

Yes, Drowned Rat just about covers it. :) For more pictures and fun, you can check out my blog post from today. Enjoy!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Some how I can't see that romance novel at the top of the best seller list...

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Well we did have hail here in STW, it cracked my windshield. The insurance adjuster came out on Sunday..... My vehicle is totaled.... Over hail by god! So you did the right thing, could have been worse...

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Fyrebaugh!!
Hope your weekend was good otherwise :)

Em

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger V said...

Yet another fine example of an event that could have only been funnier if you'd been wearing your Danger Pants.

I be you regret getting rid of them now.

Even the blog agrees. Blogword - serioussli

 

Post a Comment

<< Home