Thursday, June 18, 2009

Roller Coaster

Photoshop Jeff Reminder! Early next week I'll unveil the entries I've gotten. There's still time for more! The ones I've gotten so far are a lot of fun. :)

=================

Space Mountain: Because you didn't need whatever that was in your stomachA conversation with iCanSpell somehow led up to this. She was discussing roller coasters, which caused me to remember my first (and ONLY) experience on the famous Disney roller coaster, Space Mountain. I don't remember how old I was... probably somewhere around 10.

The seats were two-by-two. Some Space Mountains are (or were) set up with single-file seats, or so I'm told. I'm happy to take folk's word for it.

I'm not fat. I'm big-boned.My dad and my little sister were thrilled to be on the ride. I was hoping I could sit next to one of them, because I was scared out of my mind. Instead, I wound up in front of them, sitting next to a large Spanish-speaking woman who was also scared out of her mind.

So, adding to the general terror of a violent roller coaster + coaster wimp was the joy of being screamed at in terrified Spanish by a woman who looked like she could easily slide over into my seat and crush the life out of my tiny, tiny frame.

Jupiter, no!Those with the courage of legend say that Space Mountain really doesn't do much other than whiz you around in the dark and make you think you're going to hit your head on rouge planets. I wasn't aware of any planets during my ride. I was mostly aware of the terrified foreign death object wailing next to me.

My sister nearly hyperventilated from laughing at my soul-wrenching screams. She and Dad begged me to go on it again so they could sit behind me again and laugh their hinders off at me again.

I declined.

I hate roller coasters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home