Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Surprise!

I got an unexpected package in the mail recently. It was from my buddy Queen Spoo, who lives up in Virginia. She said she found this at a local dollar store:

To some of us, this is worth much more than a dollar...

Outstanding! Such a cool unexpected gift!

Around that same time, our doorbell rang. It was one of our neighbors, and she brought cookies.

More 'sugar' than 'cookie'... exactly as it should be

She said she was thinking of us, and decided to bake us cookies. It was simply jaw-dropping... these have always been nice folks, but the gift was very much unexpected.

Inspired by all of this, my wife and I tried to be generous but Big Dawg thwarted us.

Breakfast of champions

We saw this bottle of margarita mix on sale. It's not exactly our thing, but we did think of P-Ziddy when we saw it. We bought it and gave it to Big Dawg (who I see daily) so that he could pass it along to P-Ziddy for us. The theory was that Big Dawg sees P-Ziddy in person more often than I do.

'Zid, Big Dawg is holding your drink mix hostage.

So much for a spirit of generosity.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Big Dawg said...

If I'm going to make the blog for things like this, I'm just going to refuse to be the mail carrier from now on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home