Friday, July 24, 2009

Two Work Stories

My Office

Aaaayyy...Who remembers Fonzie from Happy Days? I was a kid when Happy Days was on, but I remember one thing the Fonz would do that always made me laugh. Private discussions with his friends usually took place in the bathroom, which he referred to as his "office".

I was walking down the hallway with East Coast a while back. We were talking about the various projects we're working on, discussing technical details and such.

We hadn't planned to go visit the bathroom together, but it just worked out that way. East Coast asked me a question as we approached.

I did my best Fonzie impersonation. "Step into my office," I said as I pushed open the door.

It may surprise you to know that my best Fonzie impersonation sounds a bit like seasonal allergy congestion. Then again, it may not.

Rampage

We're working on a new Sports Feature for our website. I was working on a web page for some of the local college football players, but didn't have any actual info to use. So, I made I player page for myself. In the "Description" field I put:

Don't make me savage you brutallyJeff is the best rampaging linebacker the team has ever seen. Head coach Mike Gundy says, "His ability to dismember offensive linemen on his way to the quarterback is remarkable. If we didn't sedate him before every game there would be deaths. He always has blood on his jersey, and we love him for it." Jeff has been with the team for 15 years. He actually graduated in 1998, but no one has had the nerve to tell him. He's also in the band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home