Thursday, July 16, 2009

Three-Minute Miracles Out Of My Hinder

One morning, I walked into work and was immediately swarmed by most of the other programmers. "We're having a rough morning already! Help!"

This is harder than it looksThere was a fairly significant problem with some of the pages on our web site. SWoaN and Merik had been working on it for the better part of an hour, with OoRah providing moral support (standing around with a cup of coffee and watching).

I politely watched them flounder for a minute and then said, "Well, Merik isn't going to work any faster with me standing over his shoulder." OoRah laughed, "Aw c'mon!... It helps!" With that I pointed at OoRah and said, "You're in charge of standing around and watching."

I didn't hang out to see how OoRah would respond to his new (?) duties. I sat down at my desk, and inside of three minutes I had the problem figured out. It was because of some code that Big Dawg added the day before... the problem simply hadn't been noticed until the next morning.

DramatizationI showed the flaw to Merik and SWoaN, who were amazed at how fast I hit on the solution. They hadn't quite recovered from the shock when Big Dawg walked in. Unaware of what was going on, Big Dawg was greeted with, "Ahhh.... wha.... hey! YOU! It was YOU!"

Obviously, this is not how Big Dawg is accustomed to being greeted. :)

Later I told my wife, "I sure hope the level of excitement drops as the day goes on... I don't know if I can keep pulling three-minute miracles out of my hinder all day."

You shut your mouth while Billy Mays is talking!The more I think about it, the more I love that phrase. iCanSpell suggested that "Three Minute Miracles" sounds like a product the late Billy Mays could easily sell. "Three Minute Miracles!... now, with *new* hinder dispenser!"

I can just picture him holding up the product and inhaling deeply. "Smells like success!"

I'd pay money for that.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Now taking the stage...

Three Minute Miracles and the Hinder Dispenser! Performing their newest hit, "Baby, I've Got That Burning Feeling Again!"

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

LOL

Hurtful, man. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home