Thursday, August 20, 2009

Window Shopping

My wife and I found ourselves in the mall over the weekend. I love looking around at the mall... there's always something goofy to amuse me.

For a start, I'm always amazed at how early Hallmark puts out Christmas decorations each year, and how out of place some of the ornaments look. For example, check out this Star Wars ornament... what says "Christmas" better than an ornament celebrating the immanent violent death of one of the good guys?

Hm... then again, maybe it's perfect, in a weird sort of way. :)

Granted, it's just a trick of the camera angle, but I do think that Wolverine stabbing Darth Maul in the head is a festive event suitable for *any* occasion.

The label on this one reads, "I'm a decorative fan!" I'm glad the item was kind enough to identify itself. Without the label, I would have been convinced this was a statue of a penguin with a dog's head.

Now these are kinda cool. They are the size of office name plates. I can just imagine this little jewel sitting on my desk at work. After all, office futility jokes never get old. :)

Finally, my favorite. This sign was delightfully misplaced. The entire six-foot tall rack was full of decorative bowls and wicker baskets.

Not that I have anything against wicker, but the thought of some fool trying to cook with it on a BBQ grill does make me smile. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home