Friday, August 07, 2009

Two More Work Stories

Big Girls Don't Cry

Why does Jeff hate me?Scruffy and I meet for lunch about once a week. We were sitting down in our normal spots about two months ago when Fergie's song "Big Girls Don't Cry" started playing on the radio. Our background music was tainted.

I hate that song, you see. I don't know if I can specifically state why, I think it's just a matter of taste. And I hate that I don't like it, honestly. Fergie's got a nice voice, she's attractive, but whether alone or with the Black-Eyed Peas, she's never once been involved with a song I like.

The song finally ended, and my mind was at rest. Until the next week, when we ate there again... and they played that song on the radio... again.

I don't know why Jeff hates us... it must be something Fergie didI forced myself to laugh at the coincidence, but really all I wanted to do was cry. The next week, the same song. I was starting to develop a nervous 'tic by the fourth week. I said to Scruffy, "Have you noticed how lately every time we come here..."

I didn't get to finish the sentence. The song had started up. I am not a big girl. I started to cry.

The past few weeks, Scruffy and I have not eaten lunch together. Sometimes he's got a meeting, sometimes it's me. Once we were rained out. But that's just what we tell people.

The truth is, we fear Fergie.

Whoo-Hoo!

Last Friday, Big Dawg and I were walking into the office together. As normal, most of the conversation centered around the fact that it was Friday and our general joy about this fact.

Just before we passed the break room we started to hear voices. Somebody shouted, "At least it's Friday! Whoo-Hoo!"

BooBig Dawg immediately echo'd the shout. "Whoo-Hoo!" We heard a thud.

A few steps more and we could look in the breakroom. Hair Stylist and Serenity were in there. Serenity had a hand over her mouth and was laughing. Hair Stylist had almost literally fallen to the floor in shock. She wasn't expecting her "Whoo-hoo!" to be returned.

So, last Friday Big Dawg nearly injured a co-worker. This Friday, to be safe, I'm keeping my distance. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home