Thursday, December 31, 2009

Short Christmas Stories 3: Retro, Songs

The original iPod
Check out those headphones! Jealous?
RETRO

My parents were digging through their Christmas supplies when they found this little gem. It seems that earlier in the decade, they bought this present for me. It got overlooked, and has sat in the back of a closet ever since.

So yes, literally, I got a Walkman for Christmas this year.

SONGS

My niece (7 years old) was teaching me how to sing "We wish you a Merry Christmas". Of course, Uncle Jeff rarely takes things seriously, so the song lyrics quickly mutated.

"We wish you a Merry Christmas, we WISH you a Merry Halloween, we WISH!!! you a Merry Thanksgiving, and a HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!!!"

My grandmother laughed. "No Valentine's Day?", she asked.

"I was going to throw in a Kwanzaa joke, but I don't think she'd get it."

Grandma nodded. "Give her a few years."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home