Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Psychoanaly-Nerd

Bear with me. This one's weird, even for me.

Ah, Sally. Good times.Remember Sally Jesse Raphael? I didn't think so. She was a talk show host, predated Jerry Springer somewhat. I never watched her show, but I remember seeing her commercials on the TV all the time. There was this crazy annoying tagline that was sung... "SalEEEEEE... She opens your ey-ah-eyes!"

OK, next subject.

Remember Bryan Adams? He wrote "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You", which was part of the "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" soundtrack. Every lonely pathetic high school nerd dreamed of singing that song to his pretty girlfriend, if only he actually had a pretty girlfriend and his voice would stop cracking. *ahem*... so I've heard, that is.

Anyway, I kinda liked the song until one day when I heard the Sally Jessie Rock-My-World tagline in my head where the guitar solo lives.

Try it out for yourself. Here's the tune. At the 2:48 mark, sing "SalEEEEEE... She opens your ey-ah-eyes!". It's a perfect fit. It's kinda creepy.



(Sorry, dang thing won't allow embedding... *grumble*)

OK, next subject.

I was in line at Subway last week, and they had one of those Easy-Pop radio stations playing lightly in the background. I wasn't even paying attention to the song that was playing, until I heard myself hum "SalEEEEEEE... She opens your ey-ah-eyes!"

It was the first time I'd heard "Everything I Do" in years. One minute I'm thinking about my impending chicken sammich, the next I've got a middle-aged trashy talk show she-host dancing around in my head. Most distressing. Dang you, Bryan Adams!

I don't know if nonsense like this is a cause of my insanity, or a symptom. It's hard to tell.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Issues. You haz them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home