Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tea Monster

Yikes! Many-Tentacled Beastie!SWoaN came up to me the other day, holding a mug. "You like tea, right?", she asked. Then she showed me her mug.

There was a monster in the water.

I literally yelped and jumped backward.

A multi-tentacled BEAST lurked in the murky depths of the mug.

Thus, Jeff was introduced to the concept of "Flowering Tea". It's a type of tea that looks like a fractured nut when dry, and expands out to the basic shape of a Pirates Of The Caribbean sea monster when plunked down in boiling water.

Cute, but I trust it notSide Note: "Fractured Nut" is also the National Mental Health Information Center's official classification for me. It's also a kickin' name for a rock n' roll band. It is a multi-purpose descriptive phrase.

Anyway, despite appearances the tea smelled lovely. I couldn't sample it, though. There way no way I could bring myself to expose any of my soft fleshy matter to the beast.

I wasn't alone in my fear. SWoaN fished the creature out with a spoon before she drank the tea. The monster, in its anger, bent the spoon.

Say what you will about Lipton, but at least its passive.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger V said...

Flower tea is creepy on a wide number of levels. I fail to see any real point to it. It can not possibly be real tea.

The blog has suggested a reason why you should never drink it. It declares it "gengaspawn"

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

And the beast shall be called... Genga.

Hm.

Yeah, that'll work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home