Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Sew Nice

Dangerous ToolI'm teaching myself how to sew.

If you can't already hear the screams in your mind, then you just haven't been paying attention.

I have no particular project in mind. I'm going to try and mend a couple of minor seems on some sweatpants without bleeding.

I called my mom to tell her the news. "Mom, I bought a sewing machine!"

Silence.

"It actually fits in my hand, it's so small. It's a tiny little thing, portable, meant for light use, arts n' crafts, that sort of thing."

Silence.

"I've been running some test fabric though it, learning how to thread it and such. I never knew there could be so many bits on a single machine called 'bobbin'."

Then my mom said a very wise thing.

"Don't get hurt."

I'll try.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Oh! There go the piano lessons!

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger V said...

I am now eagerly awaiting the blog post on sewing machine injuries. Off hand, I know of 7 ways you can draw blood with that "light use, arts n crafts, sort of thing".

I'm sure, through absolute lack of effort, you can bring that to 8.

The blog seems to agree. my blogword today is oblood, which is either or your type or an a cry of terror.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home