Friday, February 19, 2010

Mean Trainer Jeff, An Idea, Wilkins Coffee

I got to run a small training session for some folks in another department. It literally took 10 minutes. I talked the guys through some stuff and promised to email them my training notes once we were done.

Attach a file... you know you wanna...When I got back to my desk, I sent the following email:

"As discussed, here's the document I used for our training session this afternoon."

"If you have any questions, then you weren't paying close enough attention and have failed as a human being."

It's all part of my master plan to never be asked to run a training class again.



Everything's on sale!... even this guy!I have an idea for a business that could flourish in a recession.

I'm thinking about opening up a store that sells "going out of business" signs.

All I need is a Venture Capitalist to fund me. This could work...



Apparently, back in the day, there was a brand of coffee called "Wilkins". They had a series of 10-second ads that are just fantastic.

Check it out... Muppet humor at its absolute darkest. My favorite one by far starts about 59 seconds in.



Those little fellows were actually brought to life by Jim Henson. You can read a short little paragraph about the commercials here:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/06/video-wilkins-coffee-commercials-featuring-muppets-1950s.html

2 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are companies that basically take care of the "the going out of business" business. We found that out during CompUSA, Linen 'N things and Circuit City going of business sales. They have the same sign like this one http://blog.mlive.com/sagbusiness_impact/2008/12/large_MMS.linens.jpg They also safe guard the pricing of the goods so the creditors can be paid.

- SWOAN

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

My life's dream is gone now. Thanks a lot. *pout*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home