Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Who's Who

Because almost everybody is somebody!I got an email from Strathmore!

Who is Strathmore, you ask? Who? Ha! *Who* is exactly the right question!

This company publishes a "Who's Who" book of successful people. They want me for their book!

You know what that means, don't you? You all work for me *me* now. Aw yeah.

Check out the email I got from them:

Subject: Jeff - Your invitation to Strathmore's Who's Who

Dear First Name,

It is my pleasure to inform you that on January 24th, 2010 your information was reviewed and accepted for inclusion in the 2010 edition of our registry.

Strathmore's Whos Who each year, recognizes and selects key executives, professionals and organizations in all disciplines and industries for outstanding business and professional achievements.

This recognition is shared by those who have reached a distinguished level of success in their chosen profession.

Did you catch that? In the subject line, they know I'm "Jeff", but in the first line of the message, it's "Dear First Name".

It's very tempting to fill out the form with "First Name" / "Last Name" as my name. I probably won't, because then I'd start getting contacted as they try to sell me a copy of the book with my "name" in it.

It's gotta be worth something, right?Of course, then I could just snail-mail them a check signed "Last Name, First Name". Or maybe send them some Monopoly Money.

It's a tough call. What would you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home