Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Illusion Of Wit

The great thing about writing in a blog is that I can pretend to have quick wit. Those who know me, know that this is an illusion. I'll give you an example.

Wear orange. It's the law.Not too long ago, SWoaN walked by and said, "Wearing orange? You must be excited about the OSU girls basketball game tonight!"

She actually wasn't quite that verbose, but I wanted to save on exposition.

In any case, she completely surprised me. At that particular moment I couldn't have told you what color I was wearing without looking down. Big Dawg bailed me out. "If it's basketball, he doesn't know or care."

SWoaN nodded and looked at me. "So, you're just wearing orange because ...?"

I cannot brain right now... I has the dumb...I locked up. "... because... I ... uh ... like it?"

"Oh."

Now, here's how that conversation *could* have gone:

"So, you're just wearing orange because ...?"

Said with dramatic flair... "I wear orange frequently because it is a reflection of my very soul."
Wash with like colors
"Your soul?"

"Yes. My soul is orange. And also, cotton."

I tumble-dry my soul on low heat to avoid shrinkage.

1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger The Tuba Geek said...

I tumble-dry my soul on low heat to avoid shrinkage.

I just found my latest Facebook status! Thank, Jeff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home