Monday, June 14, 2010

Belated

Visited my folks last weekend. We celebrated my birthday and my sister's birthday.

I saved the best for first. Here's the birthday card she got me.



Glorious.

My niece and nephews were there. Oldest Nephew (10) wrote his mom's name on the cake with icing, and Niece (8) wrote mine. Then Little Nephew (4) made a small mark at the bottom of the cake. He gleefully shouted it was a tear-drop.

Oldest Nephew and Niece also made Play-Doh "cakes" for us. Little flat circles with molded candles and words that said "Happy Birthday" and "Mother". They somehow realized that Uncle Jeff is not a "Mother", so they moved that bit over to their mom's "cake". My sister got one that said "Happy Birthday Mother Mother", ...



... and I got one with candles that were a bit stiff.

Later, the kids were in the pool. My sister suggested they run in circles and make a whirlpool, but they didn't quite get the idea until I said, "Make the water spin around like a toilet." Thus motivated, the two big kids started running, dragging Little Nephew behind them on his floaties. Oldest Nephew looked at the wake his little brother was leaving and shouted, "Look! He's leaving a streak behind him!"

We're gonna need more chlorine.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

That card is awesome. I have to find one for DH's 40th. :)


blogword: gatedin. I'm pretty sure that's a dig at one of us. I'm just not sure which.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Tiffany in Topeka said...

Absolutely Glorious! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home