Monday, September 27, 2010

HS Marching Bands

AW, YEAH...

Owasso hosted a high school band competition last weekend. High school marching band was a long time ago, but my wife and I still enjoyed going and watching the shows.

Of course, the drum folks are always fun...



Not only did these guys have a sweet setup, but their uniforms kinda look like they came from Star Trek: The Next Generation...



The flag teams nowadays seem to lean more toward "costumes" than "uniforms". Many of them had some kind of change they would do halfway through as well.

The best example was probably these ladies... the initial costume honestly looked like somebody tried to make evening gowns out of white plastic garbage sacks.

Halfway along, the sacks came off to reveal their classy "purple duct tape" ensemble.

Then there was this band, featuring what I like to call the "random princess"...



She was part of the "story". I think she represented a star, or an angel. Basically she danced around and distracted the saxophone players.

And finally, "A thousand points of odd blue light"...



They look like blue candle wicks. :) I love it.

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Michael Damboldt said...

haha, my mom went to that with my aunt. She had similar comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home