Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Office Stories

Dulls-ville

About a month ago, Web Ninja was chatting at me. I don't remember what the conversation was about, but he was getting pretty animated and I was (more or less) listening.

I was also trying to chew a piece of gum. I guess I'm not quite talented enough to juggle such diverse tasks. I bit my tongue.

over-dramatization
"Wow," said Web Ninja. "I didn't realize it was that exciting of a story."

I told him, "Yeah, I'll be OK. Just be dull for a few minutes."

I was kidding, but God bless him Web Ninja actually tried to "dull" down his story. He stood perfectly still, lowered his voice and spoke slowly. I told him not to take me seriously, but I don't think he believed me.

Eventually the story ended in a whisper and he carefully tip-toe'd away. I literally couldn't hear the last few words he spoke.

Confused

One day last week, I came into work about an hour early. OoRah was mystified. "Why are you here so early?"

Springs and back-falls... who wouldn't be confused?
"I got confused about the whole 'Daylight Savings Time' thing," I replied.

OoRah tilted his head sideways like a dog who just heard an odd noise. "But... today isn't Daylight Savings Time."

I faked an annoyed look. "What part of 'confused' do you not understand?"

He never asked again.

I don't understand why anybody around ever takes me seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home