Friday, November 12, 2010

The Perfect Cup

I have one coffee mug I love above all others. Not because it's personalized, but because it's *slightly* over-sized.


Yes, that's a toy catalog in the background. Don't act surprised.


It's 10 ounces instead of 8, or somesuch. I always grin when my groggy-blind groping hand finds this one, because I know that I'm less likely to spill it.

So yeah, I spilled it.

I was stumbling around the living room and tripped. When I looked up, I saw coffee dripping off the coffee table, end table, couch, exercise bike, fan and wall. Well done, tiny nerd. Well done.

When I finished licking the furniture (don't judge me!) I got a rag and cleaned up the mess. Later, my wife was sitting on the couch and wrinkled her nose.

"Does this cushion smell like your holiday peppermint coffee?"

"It's your imagination," I assured her.

She'll never know. :)

5 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Since I only allow myself 2 cups of coffee in the mornings, I find cups smaller than 18oz to be a waste of my time. I'm all about the efficiency.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger V said...

Seriously, only 10 ounces? If it's less than 16, it's not a real mug. (firm nod)

Oh! Your blog likes me again. :) It proved it with the appropriate blogword "dropi"

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Some of us try to limit our caffeine intake.

And frequently fail, I grant you, but there's an honest attempt. Well, it looks honest, at least. Honest-ish.

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

I do limit my caffeine intake. 2 cups. Period.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Quick followup... I think my coffee mugs are generally around 16-18 ounces. The "big" cup is closer to 20. So there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home