Monday, July 25, 2011

The Incremental Moron Password

I was showing OoRah how I reset user passwords. "That's pretty much it," I explained. "Now you have to email the user and let them know."

"What about folks who forget their password more than once?"

"It's tough," I said, "But I can usually find a way to notify them without using the word 'idiot'."

"Ah." OoRah pondered this. "So you use 'moron' instead, right?"
YEAH BABY!!!

"Tempting, but generally no."

OoRah made a beautiful suggestion. "You should note all the people who do this more than once. "Your password is 1moron", then "Your password is 2moron", and so on."

It was really hard to keep from shouting "YEAH BABY!" at the top of my lungs. Instead, between gasping laughs, I said "Don't put ideas like that in my head! I'll *do* it! It's your fault!"

OoRah seemed OK with this possibility. "You can call it 'The Incremental Moron Password'."
YEAH BABY!!!

It was clear that a pinacle had been achieved. "Well," I decided, "I will at least make a blog post about this and use that title."

OoRah was overjoyed. "YEAH BABY!"

I think we're both more than a little insane. Send help.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

That kind of help is well above my pay grade.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger V said...

Call it the "TIMP" password. No one who doesn't read your blog will ever know. Even some of them will forget.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home