Monday, December 17, 2012

Who's Been Good?

So far this year, my parents have only wrapped one gift to put under the tree. It's for my wife. :)

My 6-year-old nephew was hanging out at my parent's place. He was thrilled at all the Christmas decorations until he noticed that one critical detail.

"Gramma," he fearfully asked. "How come Auntie is the only one with a present under the tree?"

Mom shrugged. "I guess she's the only one who's been good."

Nephew panic'd. The statement seemed feasible, and he was scared. "Maybe the other presents are hid! I'll go look!"

He searched the house. There were no other presents.

Nephew was still in a concerned state of mind when my sister came to pick him up. My mom told him, "Be really good this weekend, and maybe a couple more presents will show up under there."

"I'll be good," nephew desperately promised. He turned to my sister. "Mom? Make me be good."

When I told this story to my wife, she nodded sagely at the line, "I guess she's the only one who's been good."

"That sounds feasible," my wife said.

I gotta agree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home