Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thwack!

We were digging through some old stuff, and found a smallish whiteboard that was my wife's back before we got married.

"I remember this thing," she said. "I had it in school, but it's pretty useless now."

"Let me take it to work," I said. "It might be helpful to have, and if it's not I'll throw it away from there." All were in agreement.

I showed up at work with the old whiteboard under my arm. LadyPatsFan and P-Ziddy were the first to see. "What's that?"

"It's just something to slap P-Ziddy with," I said. LadyPatsFan's eyes nearly bugged out of her head. "Really?!? Can I use it?!?"

Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed the whiteboard from me and took a swing. P-Ziddy just barely got his shoulder up to deflect the blow. THWACK!

Big Dawg popped around the corner in an instant. "I just heard P-Ziddy get hit with something. I want a turn."

THWACK!

K-Too jumped up. "Are we hitting P-Ziddy with things? Sweet!" THWACK!

Eventually I wandered over to my desk, empty-handed. The thwacking noises continued for some time. When they finally died down, LadyPatsFan showed up at my desk with a dinner-plate sized shard of whiteboard. "That was awesome! Are you sure you don't want a turn?"

"No, that's OK. I have to drive later."

"Your loss."

I visited P-Ziddy's crumpled form. "Sorry about that," I said. "I had no idea it would get out of hand."

P-Ziddy mumbled angrily at me. "I will... burn you... forever..."

I'll need to find some flame-retardant underwear before he's able to walk again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home