Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Fear For My Team

OK, so there's this website that I *ahem* may or may not be a bit familiar with. It has a new feature which highlights each of the "big 3" college football teams in Oklahoma. There is a Header-style image at the top of the page, one for each team (TU, OU, OSU). The images I see are oddly appropriate.

So, for each of these, please humor me and click over to the site so that you can see the image I'm talking about (I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of "borrowing" these images).

TUTU - The University of Tulsa - Celebration
Focus on the faded-out players in the background of the header (top-most) image. A celebration, perhaps? Memories of a great season last year, confidence that they can do it again. Yay!

OUOU - The University Of Oklahoma - Anticipation
Again, look at the guys in the background. Looks like a QB about to take a snap. There's tension, preparation, ready to redeem themselves after a less-than-satisfactory season last year. Yay!

OSUOSU - Oklahoma State University - Confusion
Well, just look at those guys in the background. The phrase "Thumb up their hinders" comes to mind. They don't exactly look like they know what the heck they're doing, do they? Yay!

My team's gonna get killed this year, I just know it. *sigh*

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Ok, you got me I actually read some stuff on the pages linked here. I didn't know it would be possible to get to adulthood and not know you only had one kidney! I bet that was a shock to him as well as the rest of the team...

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Here's the story f'baugh speaks of...

I had never heard of such a thing, either. Apparently it's not unheard of, though. There's a follow-up story from the next day that includes the line, "Anyone with one kidney is strongly advised to avoid contact sports."

I wonder if it's a hereditary thing, or just a freak of nature? It is a mystery to me.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fyrebaugh voluntarily reading about football? I knew it, the world ended and I missed it!

I wonder, will this kidney story lead to government-mandated organ counts along with the sports physicals they already make kids take?

I had a friend who's grandmother had all of the customary organs but they were on the opposite-of-normal side of her body. She didn't know about it until she needed surgery (uh, Dr. Smith? Isn't there supposed to be a spleen over here?).

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he had an extra bit somewhere else to make up for it.

"Pardon me sir, but your third nostril is staring at me..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home