Tuesday, August 22, 2006

These shoes are made for walkin'...

This past weekend, I got new shoes. Ordinarily, this is not exactly a red-letter noteworthy occurrence. But I was amused by a couple of things.

delusionalOne is the revelation that I've been wearing shoes that are too big for me. For quite a while, actually. The salesman listened to me whine about how my feet were hurting, and he measured my feet. I should be wearing a 9 and a half. For as long as I can remember, I've been wearing at least a size 10. My previous shoes I'd been wearing to work were size 11's. Apparently I've been suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Another is the salesman himself. He was an incredibly nice, older gentleman. He talked about a wide variety of subjects while working with me. When we were done he handed me his business card. I was greatly amused by the title - "Master Fitter". I don't exactly know why. For some reason, the phrase "Master Fitter" just makes me chuckle.

Feel This!Finally, there were the socks we bought to go with the shoes. One package had socks that are made of particularly comfy, fluffy material. It even had a sticker on the package that said, "Feel this!" When we got home, I took that sticker off of the socks and put it on my hinder.

You know, wives never seem to be as impressed by this brand of humor as husbands (savages) are. :)

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

I know why the title makes you smirk, I have only to look at the archived moral boards to see what can tickle your fancy.

Hopefully I will forget about the sticker and where you put it before I see you again.....

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* *snort* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

*weep* f..fff..feel this! *snicker*

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Firebaugh, the Morale Board was rarely moral. It did offer some fairly good advice on occasion, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home