Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Tulsa Talons Lost...

...and their season is over. They did well this season, won their division, all that jazz. But they lost in their first playoff game today. Poo.

Click for a slightly larger viewA couple of amusements from the game:

1) The cheerleaders arrived on the field during pregame in a stretch limo. This limo was so long that they couldn't turn it around after it came out on the field. They had to put it in reverse after all the cheerleaders had jumped out.

I will eat your face2) Number 42 on the other team was a frightening man from the word "Go". He racked up a large number of personal fouls. In the 4th quarter, he was ejected from the game (I didn't see why). On his way out, he got flagged again for taunting.

Illegal use of hands!3) The refs were... interesting. I'm sure that the Talons got away with a few plays they shouldn't have. They also were on the short end of the stick several times. I can't say for sure, but I think we got the shaft more often than we caught a break.

So, the AF2 season is over. Bring on the NFL. :)

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

I knew I'd forget something if I posted this thing at night. :)

One of the halftime amusments was a "Frozen T-Shirt Contest". Two shirtless (male) fans had to run to a cooler at midfield where a couple of shirts were frozen in ice. First one to break a shirt out of the ice and put it on was the winner.

It took nearly 5 full minutes for them to bust away enough ice to get those silly shirts on. I can't be certain, but I think one of them gashed himself at some point - his shirt had red streaks and the other guy's didn't. :)

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 235 days until the Talons take the field again :)

http://www.tulsatalons.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home