Wednesday, August 30, 2006

You're not what?

Yesterday, our Web department had a meeting. This is generally not a source of amusement, but yesterday was special. I could tell it was going to be special the moment I walked in the meeting room.

ROFLThe room was already mostly full of the usual suspects. "Bubbly" was also there - she usually isn't, since she's not in the web department. The entire roomful of people was laughing as I walked in the door. Now, you might be thinking that this would not be unusual. To you I say - you're mean and you make me sad.

Anyway, I got no more than 2 steps into the room when Bubbly looked up toward me. Like the others, she had been laughing. There were practically tears in her eyes, and the laughter had made her somewhat short of breath. She shouted, "I am not pregnant!" This inspired a new wave of laughter from the room.

Now, pregnant or not, I knew *I* didn't have anything to do with the situation. I wasn't sure why she felt the need to shout her status out at me. To be honest, I'm still not sure. Everyone was laughing and talking over each other. As near as I could tell, a rumor had somehow been started, and now Bubbly was about to die laughing. She was also loudly shouting "I am not pregnant!" to every person she saw walk by. To some of them, this was a revelation... at least a few people legitimately thought the rumor was true.

See, I work at a newspaperFinally, everyone got more or less calmed down. Cowboy ruined it though, with this comment: "You know, it's a good thing that we aren't in the business of collecting information and then sharing it with others."

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

That should make it on the morale board, or moral board either way! I believe icanspell had a similar concern about a year ago! Ah, the memories!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home