Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Power Of A Single Word

Quick Note: The Photoshop Jeff post has been updated with another addition. It's PG-13, so look for it down at the bottom of the post. Images are still welcome, especially those that friendly for all audiences. (*hint!*)

===================================

Logan's RoadhouseLast weekend after the Zoo trip, my wife and I took two friends out to dinner at Logan's Road House.

I'm just livin' for the weekend.We've had several good experiences there, and were expecting the same this time. Overall, it was still a good experience, despite the best efforts of our poor dim-witted waitress.

She started out by taking our drink orders. My wife asked for water with no lemon. Friend #1 asked for water with lemon. I asked for water.

Pucker up!"Do you want lemon in that?", she asked sweetly.

"Indifferent." I replied, shrugging.

I may as well have been speaking Flemish. Her smile froze in place and her face suddenly became a mask of terror. "What?"

"Indifferent." I repeated, saying each syllable a little slower than the first time.

But... er... how... um...?She was flat-out mortified now. Her smile began to sag as she stammered, "I... I... don't know what you're saying."

"I don't care. Er... about the lemon, I mean. I don't care if I have lemon or not in my water."

Fear instantly gave way to helplessness. "Then... what do I write down?"

I thought she was going to cry. I decided to let her off the hook. "No lemon, please."

I'm just livin' for the weekend. Again. Still. Whatever.It was like flipping a switch. Instantly, the Perky Service Assistant Unencumbered By Clue was back. The smile slammed back into place with an almost audible "snap!", and she nearly bounced with joy as she turned to Friend #2. "And for you?"

I swear I didn't consciously decide to torture a waitress that day. It just kinda worked out that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home