Friday, June 08, 2007

It's Bad For You! (Redux)

I've written about the Ukrainian employees here previously. They're an interesting little subculture of our organization. Most of the time they don't speak to outsiders. However, every now and then we get dramatic exceptions to that rule. This is one of those times.

Don't make me kick your hinder.Yesterday morning, one of the Ukrainian ladies actually walked into our office. This is something akin to seeing Rosie O'Donnell walk into a Southern Baptist Church. Technically it's allowed, but it's crazy-wild unexpected.

RIP Chinese Food EaterWorth noting: This is the same lady who accosted the Golfer a few months ago, shouting at him mercilessly, "Chinese food BAD for you!"

"Hello!" she shouted, in her thick Russian accent. "Are you working on computers?!?"

The Farmer and I both blinked and looked at each other. "Er... yeah..."

"Is very BAD for you!" she shouted, with a wide grin on her face. "Radiation! Is bad for your eyes! Do you have screen?!?"

Probably not the type she was talking aboutShe walked over to my computer monitors. "You have no screen!" she bellowed. "You need screen! Radiation! Is very bad for your eyes! I go on vacation... when I come back, I check to see if you have screen! Is very dangerous!"

Chuckling, the Farmer said, "Well, it's a lot less dangerous than being a highway worker and getting run over." (sadly, this happened in Tulsa recently)

"No!" our Ukrainian friend shouted, still grinning like a maniac. "This is *MUCH* more dangerous!"

Arrrr!Thankfully, the encounter ended soon after that. We're thinking about getting eye patches for when she returns. I'd hate for her to think that her concern is unfounded.

============

Photoshop Jeff, 2 updates:

Turns out, Boy Wonder - Master of Disguise *did* actually submit a Photoshop Jeff pic of me way back when I posted the first pic of me. The one he gave me yesterday was a bonus. Sorry about defaming you there, B.W.

Also, Kinzee submitted a new pic for us to enjoy. I love this pic. :)

Strength - Some got it, some know how to fake it

Strength - Some got it, some know how to fake it.

Photoshop Jeff #1
Photoshop Jeff #2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home