Tuesday, July 17, 2007

All That And A Bag Of Chips, Part 2

Sunday after church, we brought Scruffy over to our place and fed him lunch. It was fun to have a guest over, especially one who complains as little as Scruffy does. :)

HumbleThen, the three of us went to a couple of open houses (Scruffy was moral support)! I'm terribly excited. We are not in a hurry to buy anything, but I'm so glad we're looking.

The first house was right in our price range. However, it would require some repairs before we could move in. Nothing too major, but it would add to the expense. Plus, I'm lazy.

ExtravagantThe second house was stellar. The landscaping was great. The master bedroom / bathroom was dreamy. Unfortunately, the current owners are well aware of how sweet their house is, and the price tag relected it. Ouch.

Ah well. Baby steps. :) We'll get there.

PotholeLater that afternoon, my wife and I went to Big Splash. Big Splash rocks when you've got a season pass. Just don't park in that muddy torn-up mess of a parking lot they've got this year. Park in the Expo Center lot and ride the shuttle.

Anyway, I was goin' up the stairs to ride the "flume" slides. The same stairs lead up to the "Silver Bullet", which is Big Splash's tallest slide. Not a good slide for someone with vertigo (like me), so I avoid it.

3 kids showed up in line behind me. They were either pre-teen, or just a little older. The one boy was trying to convince the two girls to go down the Silver Bullet with him.

Wait a minute...do I even really *have* a sister?"C'mon!," he wailed. "Even my little *sister* rides it, and she's only... um... I don't know how old she is."

I don't want to fallI probably would have commented, but I was busy holding onto the guard rail for dear life. Dang vertigo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home