Thursday, March 06, 2008

Poor Dude

Bear with me on this one... there's a Jeff-Dyslexic moment comin' up, and it's debatable whether the payoff is worth it or not. :)

Makin' a list... checkin' it twice...I was building a web page yesterday that features a list of items. One of the requirements of this page is that my users must be able to remove items from this list.

So, I added a little checkbox for each line item. If you check the box, the item is removed. It looked something this:

exclude this item?

This was too wide, however. I needed a really narrow option. This just looked too goofy:

exclude
this
item?


Plus, it was still too wide. I was having to deal with a *really* narrow space. What if I just use "exclude", and I hyphenate?

ex-
clude?



Dude!And here's where it gets fun. I took one look at this, and my poor little mind pushed that "c" and "l" together. I read it as a "d". Or, in other words, "ex-dude".

"Whoops! No, this one's a lady now, better check the little box..."

Ah, I *told* you the payoff was small on this one. :) Thanks for stickin' with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home