Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Turnaround

He's got a case of the MondaysTuesday was a far better day than Monday. :) I knew it had to be. I was determined... Monday I felt like I got kicked in sensitive places, so I decided Tuesday was *my* day to be the aggressor. It seemed to work.

First thing when I walked in the door, I erased everything on my whiteboard. I didn't even take off my jacket first. Then, in the middle of the board I wrote:

Today.
I.
Win.

I! Am! Winner!It got some attention. I got congratulated by a co-worker who thought I'd won some kind of contest. But the best was from Captain Silver Lining, who walked by and said, "No, *I* win today!" (I gotta say, I like that attitude). So I told him, "It's OK. We can both win." He said, "Really?" I replied, "Sure... you're not my competition." Then I winked.

On a side note, one cool benefit of my cassette to MP3 project is that I sometimes discover little treasures. Like this... I had a copy of a song called "The Ballad of Irving", by Frank Gallop. The audio and video quality are a bit raw, but hey... this is a song from 1966. It gets better as it goes along.



And no, I have no idea what's up with the rabbit and bear suits. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home