Friday, August 21, 2009

Passion Fruit Tree

Yeah, babyThis is going to sound so weird.

There's a bridge (The "Fajita" Bridge) I walk across most mornings between my office and the parking lot. Near its peak, there is a tree that has grown up very near the bridge.

One day recently as I walked over the bridge and past that tree, I swear I heard a woman's voice. It was a sultry voice. It said, "Oooohh... god....."

Trees don't normally respond to me like that as I walk past. In fact, most organic entities don't respond to me like that. Let's just say that it's a foreign experience for me and move on.

I simply don't know what to think. There was no one else on the bridge, and no one up in the tree. I *had* to have imagined it, but it sure sounded real.

Now every time I walk past I look up into the tree. And near the tree. I even try to lean over and glance under the bridge, which is hard to do while acting casual.

I know I'm probably insane, but if something crazy is going on in that tree, I don't want to be the last to know.

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

You SAY you don't want to know... And yet you LOOK every time. Hmm...

Jeff McClung: Closet Tree Voyeur

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

"don't want to be the last to know"

Dangit. I wish I'd learned to read as a child.

Nothing to see here. Carry on.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

'Zid, life would be so dull without you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home