Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flavors

I got a box of decaf teas that was labeled "fruit sampler". I'm not generally a big fan of fruit-flavored teas, but figured it was worth a try.

I've never *really* trusted fruitThe adventure started with "True Blueberry." I dropped in the tea bag and the hot water prompted turned blood red. I'm no fruit expert, and I wasn't expecting windshield-washer-fluid blue or anything, but bright red did throw me off a bit.

It also turned the bottom of my mug red, even after I'd drank all the tea. I had to wash it out with soap. Wow.

Up next was the "Black Cherry" flavor. OoRah was in the break room with me when I tried this one. I dropped in the tea bag and he said "Wow... that smells an awful lot like the kind of pipe tobacco I used to smoke." He had a happy smile on his face, his eyes glazed over with fond memories.

Oh yeah?I disrupted his blissful trance-like state. "I think it smells like a flavor of Kool-aid I used to drink a lot."

OoRah blinked. "Uh... yeah. Sure. That too." He didn't sound impressed.

Hot Kool-Aid. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home