Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feedback

I hope I'm interrupting somethingThe other day OoRah came over to my desk. I couldn't tell if he was going to ask me something, or if he was just stretching his legs a bit. "What's up?", I asked.

"I'm just waiting for feedback on something."

Here's the context, for those of you not familiar with office environments. OoRah had emailed or called somebody to ask a question about the project he was working on. He had a few minutes to wait before his question would be answered, so he decided to get up and take a break from staring at his computer screen.

So, there he was, leaning over my cubical wall and staring at me. "I'm just waiting for feedback," he said. I knew he meant somebody else's feedback, but I decided to give him some of my own anyway.

Thank you. We noticed."Yes, the odor *is* noticeable."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I can't believe I get away with saying these things to a Marine. OoRah tolerates me the same way a large dog tolerates a tiny yappy dog. "What, are you still there? Still yipping? Whatever, dude."

OoRah began to laugh. "Not *that* kind of feedback!", he protested.

I'm trying to decide if I should ignore you or eat youI glared up at him in mock distress. "I can't be all things to all people!"

OoRah shook his head and walked away, laughing.

Yip! Yip! Yip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home