Thursday, October 01, 2009

Football + Pizza + Big Dawg

Sunday was a nice day. We invited Big Dawg over to eat pizza and watch football games with us. We asked him what kind of pizza he liked, and he said "Basically anything except olives."

We like olives. Dang.

Even with that crushing disappointment, we were still excited. Big Dawg's visit gave us an excuse to bust out the trusty old "Chip n' Dip Bowl".

Filled with love... and dustHere's the deal... we registered this thing for our wedding. We were excited to get it. Counting last weekend, we've used it three times in 8 years.

Apparently we just don't like people.

Anyway, my wife went to pick up the pizzas. The perky pizza person told her, "There's no order here for Jeff." My wife tried again. "Is the order under my name?" Still no. Frustrated, my wife said, "The order is for JEFF! J... E... F... F!"

"Oh, here it is!" Perky pizza person handed over the goods.

I have no idea why spelling my name suddenly made everything OK. We decided to put all future orders under the name, "Slick".

Big Dawg chuckled. "They'll still misspell it somehow. They'll say the pizza is for 'Sick' instead."

If your pizza cravings last more than 4 hours, see a doctorImmediately I had a mental picture of a pizza topped with Penicillin and Ibuprofen. It's good for what ails you! Take two slices every 4-6 hours.

Side note: There is actually a player on the University of Tulsa football team named "Slick". That's not a nickname, his parents named him "Slick".

I wonder if he has brothers named Sleek, Glossy, and Oleaginous?

It could happen.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Or maybe they were named after small Oklahoma towns. "Meet our kids - Slick, Gotebo, Pink, and Oktaha."

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger MetaCow said...

Also, I had to look up Oleaginous. Bravo!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

LOL

Thesaurus.com is my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home