Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Last Of The Bus Driver Stories

The most amazing thing happened last week when the bus driver was taking me from the parking lot up to work.

He got lost.

The bus driver got lost. On a 5-block trip that he's been making for the past three years. I had to help him navigate the mean streets until we got back around to his normal route.

Help me flip this thing over before we miss our lightIt was really hard not to laugh.

This is the same guy who once forgot I was on the bus and drove past our stop. He's sat through a green light and bluntly asked me if I dream about the dead.

That will buff outI'm not sure where this ranks on the all-time list of "bus driver" stories, but I figure it's gotta be top 3 at least. And it's the last one.

The city has discontinued the shuttle bus service. From now on I either have to walk from the parking lot, or find a "pay" lot that's closer.

You can't fire me... I quit!So, to all you City of Tulsa taxpayers... thanks for the free ride these past three years! And to the bus driver, I want to say thanks for the memories. I never knew if I would survive riding on your bus, but at least the trip was never dull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home