Wednesday, April 15, 2009

That Was My Stop

I usually work 8:30-5:30. Doing this lets me miss most of the rush hour traffic, and it also means that I mostly miss the big crowds riding the shuttle bus to and from the parking lot.

First one to sing 'The Wheels On The Bus' gets kicked out to the curb!I parked into the lot one morning. The shuttle bus was just pulling in... my timing was perfect. I hopped on the bus. I was the only one, so the driver shrugged and took off.

We chatted briefly as he pulled out into traffic. "How are you?" "Fine. How are you?" "Fine." Our friendly conversation exhausted, the rest of the drive was made in silence. Not unusual.

He rounded the corner in front of my office building, and drove right past it. He never slowed down.

I leaned forward. "Uh, were you going to drop me off there?"

You big dummy!Bus Driver screamed and nearly jumped through the windshield. He grabbed at his chest and had a Fred Sanford moment.

"WHOA!", he shouted. "I forgot you was there!"

He dropped me off a block and a half from the office.

You know, I never start out the day thinking, "Today I will kill a bus driver!"

==========
BONUS

P-Ziddy was inspired by yesterday's post about ID badges.

If I'm such an evil genius, then how come *I* didn't think of this first?

Outstanding. :)

4 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger V said...

Just remember, if you ever do happen to start the day thinking "Today, I will kill a bus driver"...wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before doing the deed. That way, you might actually survive the incident and go on to die a horrible shooting death in a stand off with the cops. Besides, it makes for much better TV news. :)

Your blog agrees. My blogword today is "excitable"

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger V said...

That depends...do you get the girl in the end? Although, I'm sure Em would not be impressed if Jeff brought home an extra girl. So probably best to stay under 50. Or, explode if he goes over.

Blog says drivenn

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mojo Jeffo ID is most excellent.
- Scruffy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home