Friday, April 03, 2009

He's Got Legs

I used to have fairly strong legs. I wonder where I left them?

UnsafeI was dealing with a hard problem at work. I needed to get away from it for a minute. I knew that if I left my desk for a bit, then I would come back and be able to figure out the parts that were confusing me.

I have no idea why, but climbing stairs suddenly sounded like a great idea. I figured I could get my mind off work for a minute AND get some exercise. Win-win! Our building is 8 stories tall, and I'm on the second floor. No problem!

...and knowing is half the battle!I will briefly pause here for a Public Service Announcement. If you are a sedimentary nerd (like me), don't climb 7 flights of stairs recreationaly. Thank you.

By the time I got back to my desk, I was gasping for air louder than a puppy straining against his leash. I had a violent coughing fit that lasted for half an hour. My boss had to go get me a cough drop. I couldn't speak for the rest of the day.

Amazingly, in the midst of tear-inducing light-headed convulsions, I *did* figure the problem I was taking a break from.

Obviously, I have a few other problems left to work on. :)

5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

Ok, time for you and I to start walking the stairs at lunch. If I can do 56 stories, you can handle 8. At least you won't get vertigo from the altitude.

The blog word is rumblyge. Don't make me fight you.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

ROFL

"Lets get READAAAAYYY... TO RUMBLYGE!"

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger V said...

Ah! An opportunity to be nice to LadyPatsFan! A complete change of pace for me. Please make sure she doesn't go into shock or anything.

My blogword is "wizer", which I take to mean that LadyPatsFan is wiser than you. :D

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous icanspell said...

Our building is 3 stories tall with a basement... so theoretically, one could climb 4 flights of stairs here.

The elevators are always used to go even just one floor. I am lonely in my stair climbing. Go, Jeff, go! Climb the stairs! Join your brothers and sisters in eschewing elevators. Elevators are for sissies!

Blogword is rewhash. I don't know, but I think it might mean you should have taken a shower after climbing the stairs.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

I say stick to the coffee and donuts. Let the world come to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home