Monday, March 30, 2009

The Oklahoma Blizzard Of '09

Facing 'at' and 'away' from my houseSaturday was a snow day! You might have noticed.

That stuff came down fast, too. Morning... nothing. Early afternoon, 7 inches.

I wanted to go and goof around in the snow a bit. But I didn't want to drag out my heavy coat. Instead, I wound up going outside in my jacket and sandals.

Behold, the yellow measuring stick... OF JUSTICE!That first little venture into the snow didn't last long. Next time I went out, I wore shoes. Mama didn't raise no fool.

I heard that some parts of our town got 9 inches of snow. I'm actually a little jealous.

Since it wasn't practical to go out, I stayed in and injured myself while reading.

Yeah, you read that right. Injured. I've been reading the "Otherland" series of books by Tad Williams. The end of the last book was so good that I didn't move for a solid hour. The book is over 900 pages, and I'd been holding it in my left hand the whole time. Not my brightest moment.

This book is heavier than *I* amMy arm was sore for most of the rest of the day. *sigh*

It was totally worth it, though. :)








By the way, we were out on the town Sunday and saw this outside a local tattoo parlor:

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio...

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Didn't get enough snow to make a snowman here.. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home