Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weird Wordy Wordishness

LadyPatsFan and I were talking recently, I don't remember what about. Somewhere along the line an inanimate object was referred to as "her". And then, LadyPatsFan tried to say, "Don't you like how I anthropomorphise things?"

The first one to make a 'my porpoise in life' joke gets slapped... I'm not kidding!Emphasis on "tried". It came out more like, "Don't you like how I anthra... anthro... mah... um... anther... porpoise..."

I laughed and tried to help her out, but I really can't quite pronouce that word either. The two of us sounded like we were trying to win a spitting contest.

"Anthra... Anter-poh-moes... Ant-Roh-Mama..."

Some days I wonder, what *is* my porpoise in li...[SLAP!] Ow...Inspiration struck. "Auntie Porcupine!" I shouted.

Without missing a beat, LadyPatsFan said, "Yeah, don't you like how I porcupine'd it?"

Language is easy when you don't really care. :)

4 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

LOL

I'm sure it's obvious, but this story was pretty much aimed right at you, iCanSpell. :) Glad you liked it.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

I'm noticing that I appear in your blog nearly as often as my own. I am not sure if I am flattered or insulted.

What's even sadder is that there was no comedic exaggeration needed in this one.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger V said...

I've often found that people who make regular blog appearances rarely need comedic exaggeration. :)

Blog word - shazam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home