Monday, March 23, 2009

In The News

I thought I'd start out the week with a couple of my favorite news stories from last week.

I have expensive tastesWoman Finds Dog Poo Worth $400

A North Carolina dog ate 400 dollars in cash. Yeah, you know where this is going. Never before have doggie deposits been so exciting. "Look! He's squatting... it's green! Yay!"

The first headline I saw on this one talked about how the owners were waiting for their "refund". I think that's an appropriate analogy, actually... people acting all excited about getting a portion of money back that belonged to them in the first place. Sounds pretty accurate, if you ask me.

And then there's this one...

Who? Me?Suspected deadly spider found in Tulsa

A deadly Brazilian "Wandering Spider" may or may not have hitched a ride to Tulsa on a banana. First class all the way, baby.

Obviously, few shoppers would think that this increased the value of their purchase. "I want my fruit with extra bugs, please!"

I honestly thought about doing a "Top Ten" style list for this titled, "Things I never want to find on my banana." As soon as I imagined P-Ziddy's response, I knew that I could never do it and keep it PG. :)

If you have small kiddos around, you might want to avoid the comment section today.

6 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to comment. You've ALL already thought it. My work here is done.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be in the ally mixing margaritas if anyone cares to join me.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Hehe, yes we all thought what P-Ziddy wanted us to think...

And then it turned out the spider wasn't the deadly Brazilian "Wandering Spider" they thought it was...
http://www.kfor.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-deadly-spider,0,7036842.story

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Don't confuse my comedy with facts, man.

;)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They SQUASHED it like a... um... ripe banana...

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

Your best laughs have always come from the facts man.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home