Monday, March 09, 2009

Spanish Greeting

Yo... 'sup?At church last Sunday the Pastor gave the typical greeting, "Let's take a minute and say 'hi' to the people around you." Some members were getting ready for a mission trip to Mexico, so he added, "If you want to say 'hi' to somebody in Spanish, it's 'Hola'".

And thus, the officially-sanctioned glad-hand session began.

Pastor was working his way down our aisle, shaking hands and such. I don't know much Spanish, but I know enough to be able to slaughter a simple greeting. When he walked by me I grabbed his hand and said, "Hola. ¿Cómo estás?" But I deliberately pronounced it badly.

Yeah baby... there's a lot of me."Hoe-Luh. Coh-moh Ess-tess?"

Pastor rolled his eyes a bit, and played along. "Mucho Dorito to you too."

The people in the row behind us laughed and got in on the act. Pastor's next several greetings were:

"Taco Grande."
"Burrito Loco."
"¡Caramba!"

I've always wanted to be the instigator of something wonderful. Lacking that, I guess this will do.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it.
~Scruffy

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger V said...

Chihuahua!

Blogword - bedone

It seems to think you've over done it again. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home