Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Madness

I kid you not, this conversation actually happened. The bus driver who shuttles us from our office to the parking lot at work is an interesting fellow sometimes.

"So did you fill out one of them tourny brackets?"
"No, I'm not much of a basketball fan."
Go pokes!"Huh?"
"I said I'm not much of a fan. I'll pay attention if OSU is doing well, that's about it."
"Oh. So did you fill out a bracket?"
"No, I didn't fill out a bracket."
"Oh. Do you know how much it costs to fill out one of them brackets?"
"No, I didn't fill one out, so I have no idea."
Dick Vitale secretly hates this stuff"You didn't fill one out?"
"No, I didn't fill one out."
"You know how much you can win for those things?"
"I don't have any idea."
"Oh. [pause] Did you fill out a bracket?"

At this point I was desperate to try and deflect the conversation away from my unthinkable bracketology failure. I decided to invoke Big Dawg (who wasn't on the bus this trip).

"No, but I think Big Dawg filled out two."
"He filled out two?!?"
¿Dónde esta el baño?"Yeah, I think he did."
"You know how much it cost him to fill out his brackets?"

Eventually, I had to pretend that I'd forgotten how to speak English. It was the only way to end the madness.

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Fyrebaugh said...

So when are you going to fill out a bracket thingy.. You could have the "teams" be all kinds of things, movies, music, or whatever, then you can hand it to the bus driver and he can figure it out if he wants.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

In Jeff's Elite Eight, West division, I have "Stale Freetos" picked as a winner over the "Leave Britney Alone!" YouTube video...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home