Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Greet

Decaf, my old nemisis... we meet againWhen I come into work in the morning, I usually walk past several colleague's desks so that I can say "good morning". This is as much a part of my routine as sleepwalking though a cup of coffee and mis-typing my password.

This particular morning I was a bit more zombie-like than normal. I wandered though the office with one hand raised, smiling and nodding at where people usually sat. I wasn't completely sure if there were people in those chairs, but if they were they got greeted.

SWOaN (She w/out a nickname) was chatting with OoRah as I shuffled by. OoRah grinned and said, "Here comes Jeff on his morning parade!"

Hello, all you little people!I'm honestly not sure how this next part happened, because I was too tired to be clever. I exaggerated my one-handed wave and heard myself announce, "I'm just like the Queen of England".

As OoRah and SWOaN laughed, I spun dramatically, pointed at OoRah and shouted, "Don't try to tell me you weren't thinking it!"

It was here that my brain engaged and I realized that I was yelling at a Marine. Obviously, there are healthier activities. OoRah was too stunned and amused to retaliate, so I got away clean.

From the look on his face, he actually *wasn't* thinking of me as the Queen of England. I can't imagine why.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

that's odd. I often picture you as a pasty-white old lady in an audacious pink hat.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

I'm trying to manufacture some outrage here, but I'm having trouble coming up with counters to your observations...

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

There he is, Miss... America...

Nope. I don't think even Shatner could sing that one with a straight face...

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger V said...

While you are indeed pasty-white, I've never actually pictured you in a pink hat. It just doesn't seem to be very flattering to your girlish figure. A lavender one with a spiffy white plume, though...

Blogword - mithic

Which is either it's play on the fact that you are "mythic" or it's developed a lisp and you're "mistic". Either way, perhaps you should have more coffee before yelling at a marine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home