Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Get Your Groove On

Scruffy and I went to lunch at our usual hangout. The lady who always takes our order is a sweet little grandmotherly thing. She always smiles and calls everybody "Sweetheart". I'm sure she knits sweaters in between orders.

I just got a new pacemaker, I can dance all day!Last time we went in there, things were a bit ... different. She started shouting (literally shouting!) Scruffy's order out as soon as we walked into the door. I'm not used to being greeted with the high-velocity phrase, "Lettuce and pickle only, right Babe?!?"

Scruffy and I sat down to eat. I commented, "She must be on something." Suddenly, the restaurant music got louder. There was a jazzy big-band song playing, and I could see Granny Sweetheart groovin' to the beat. Eyes wide, I said to Scruffy, "Oh my... she's going to be dancing on the tables any second now."

Amazingly, I wasn't far off. She actually started dancing. She looked like the Numa-Numa kid.



Later, a couple of security guards came in. One of them had a flashlight on his belt that was on and set to some kind of "strobe" effect. It was behind him, so he couldn't see the disco-ball effect that his hinder was having on the rest of us.

Try to keep up, kiddo, you're embarrassing yourselfLuckily, somebody pointed out his psychedelic backside and he turned it off before he got to the front of the line. Jazzy tunes, a strobe light show and a hopped-up granny dancing on the tables would be a little more lunch entertainment than I'm really comfortable with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home