Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Embarrassing

Wednesdays I usually eat lunch with my buddy Scruffy. I'm looking forward to the show today. Two Wednesdays ago we watched the sweet little old grandmother at the counter shake her groove thang. She was her normal self last week, but I did get to see Scruffy do the most amazing thing... he changed his lunch order.

I may look tasty, but don't turn your back on meI know it doesn't sound like much. But for the past 67 years (at least!) Scruffy has gone into that restaurant and ordered the exact same sandwich. Granny Lady always picks on him about it, and he always claims he'll change it up one day. When he told her he wanted the meatball sub instead of his usual, she stared at him like she'd just seen the sun rise in the north. Then she turned to the boss and said, "Lou, I quit."

Honestly 'Scruff, I can't take you anywhere...The actual consumption of the sandwiches was pretty typical stuff, right up to the point where Scruffy whizzed marinara sauce into his lap. Darkish pants, darker spot, strategic landing zone... I don't have to paint you a picture, do I? Good.

No wonder he always orders the same thing. The other sandwiches are far too dangerous.

There's no telling what will go down today. I hope it's not my turn.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger V said...

Oh dear! And you've long since given away your danger pants! You're going to regret that eventually, I'm sure.

I think your blog is worried about it as well. My word today is adoctor

It sounds like perhaps it thinks you're going to need one.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous icanspell said...

Would you say that last Wednesday was cloudy? That could explain the meatball incident...

Blog word is condwor. I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds dangerous.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

Unfortunately, Scruffy had to cancel this week. It happens. No mid-week lunchtime variety show for me!

I'll get over it.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm old... but not THAT old.
-Scruffy

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately; the rest of the story is pretty much spot on.
-Scruffy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home