Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

Cloudy, with a chance of meatballsLadyPatsFan came by my desk last week, about to burst with joy. "Did you hear?!?", she shouted. "They're making a movie out of 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs'!".

LadyPatsFan was apparently off her medication. She doesn't usually shout at me about food groups unless I provoke her. "Somebody's doing what with meat?"

Cloudy, with a chance of meatballsIt was then that I learned there is a children's book called "Cloudy Meat" or somesuch. Not only is it going to be made into a movie, but it's a book that the Tulsa Library system has on the shelf. LadyPatsFan danced off to the library, her feet barely touching the ground.

Later, she showed up again at my desk, book in hand. "See?", she challenged, flipping through pages of kid-friendly illustrations. "A pancake falls on the school! Hot dogs from Heaven! Squirrels slipping in chocolate sauce! Isn't this great?!?"

I feel compelled to mention that from the illustration it was *not* immediately obvious that the squirrel was slipping on chocolate sauce.

You sound confusedWe took the book to Merrik's desk. "Have you heard of 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs'?", she asked him. He gave her a sad, sympathetic smile. "Long day?"

She showed the book to him. The look on his face was stellar. "Don't you want to read this book to your kids?", she asked. "No," he replied simply. "My kids *already* eat off the floor. I don't want to encourage them."

Worth noting... it may only be a 20-page illustration-heavy kids book, but apparently the (animated) movie is going to feature voice work from Mr. T and Bruce Campbell.

I PITY THE CHIN!Bruce Campbell. Mr. T. Aw yeah. I don't care what the movie is about... this one has my attention. :)

7 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger LadyPatsFan said...

Actually, the squirrel was slipping in Jelly - it being a breakfast of eggs and toast with Jelly. I skimmed the sequel this weekend - it doesn't seem nearly as good.

Blog word is "taled", so obviously someone agrees with me that Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is a good rollicking Tale.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger jeff.w.mcclung said...

It looked as much like jelly as it did choco-sauce. :)

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

I swear I used to get pulled into conversations with ICanSpell regularly that follow that same pattern:

OMG! Have you heard? They're going to make [blah] about [blah]!!

Um.. k?

You know. [blah]!!!

If you say so...

But.. EVERYONE knows about [blah]!!

But you're right Jeff.
Bruce [EXPLETIVE]!! Campbell makes everything better.

Now yer cookin' with PROPANE, baby!!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger V said...

Ah yes. The mancrush. Anything with Bruce must be golden.

I think the blog must agree with you as my blog word is heritic

On the up side, perhaps this will end it's freaky stalker crush on me.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. t is a legend! What a guy and I'm glad he is still working.

i even have T as a voice on my GPS. i got it from a site called Navtones that does real celebrity voices for GPS. Mr. T, Dennis Hopper, Kim Cattrall... Love it!

i hope T gives us some classic lines in this film. Meatballs! I'll crush the Balls Fool!

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous icanspell said...

Blog word is flart.

That's all I have to say about that, Zid.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Tom Steele said...

The Tulsa Public Library copy must have been in the Peggy V Helmerich Branch when it was at Woodland Hills when I was a kid, cause I remember reading it...

So now you know two meatball readers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home