Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Lofty Goal

Exaggeration is a key technique in any comedic endeavor. For example, most of what I write is at least partially true. But the story is never quite as funny until I say something wild to take it over the top.

The story of P-Ziddy's lifeComedic exaggeration often creeps into my everyday conversations. I've been known to say all kinds of outlandish things. "Our customers probably know best", "I can easily make that deadline", and "I value your opinion" are just a few examples.

I was walking back from the break room carrying my small mug of tea and my large mug of water. As I walked past, one of my co-workers saw me and asked, "Why do you drink so much?"

"I'm training my bladder to be really stretchy," I responded. "My goal is to be able to drink 8 glasses of water a day and only have to go to the bathroom twice a week."

You can always find a way to fail, it seemsI think he believed me. Now, every time I get up to go to the bathroom he shakes his head sadly and makes "tsk tsk" noises.

I'm such a disappointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home