Monday, March 01, 2010

Birthday

And many more!Last Saturday my wife and I went to a birthday party for a one-year-old. Everybody all together now, "AWWWWwwwwww....."

We showed up over at P-Ziddy's house and told him our sad tale. We were going to visit my side of the family, but those plans got disrupted. We were going to visit a college friend of my wife (with new baby!), but they went out of town. "You're the only one who really wants us," I told him.

P-Ziddy laughed. "You know Jeff, honestly, it's just sympathy."

"I've always known," I admitted.

Trust me. This is a joke that's worth clicking into.Metacow was there, too. He criticized my change to posting on Mon/Wed/Fri, because now my blog has the same schedule as xkcd. "It's stick figure overload."

I guess I can't complain too loudly at being compared to xkcd, even if it *is* just because of body type.

At one point during the party, I overheard one of P-Ziddy's guests loudly announce, "I have teenage girls... my house is full of attitude and paper products!" The statement horrified me so much that I just *had* to include it here.

Of course, there at the center of all the attention was P-Ziddy's little angel. They put her in a high chair and gave her an itty bitty birthday cake to destroy. She mauled it, flung it, slapped it, and then spread icing all over one eye. She started to cry.

Sugar me timbers!It shouldn't have been funny, but then wise-guy Jeff had to speak up. "It looks like she's a pirate with an icing eye-patch."

Metacow jumped in. "Yar! She be a pastry pirate!"

I'm so glad there were people there with actual compassion, otherwise little angel would still have one sugar'ed eye.

P-Ziddy, thanks for inviting us to your little one's birthday party. She's precious. :)

And let this be a lesson to the rest of you... if you get injured near me in a humorous way, you're on your own. Sorry.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous P-Ziddy said...

Baby-Zid says you're both welcome over any time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home