Monday, April 19, 2010

Human Events

Tell Nic Cage I said 'Hi'At work, the topic of the Declaration of Independence came up. As you (probably) recall, it starts out:

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to ..."

You mock my legacyLadyPatsFan, Big Dawg, OoRah and I all agreed that "When in the course of human events..." was an underused phrase that really should see the light of day more often. I pointed to the break room, where some folks from another department were having a meeting.

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to get a cup of coffee, no matter who may be having a meeting in the break room..."

Here are some more I came up with:

I'm a man!Mike Gundy: "When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to scream about my age on national TV..."

Elmer Fudd: "When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to kill da wabbit, ..."

Bob Barker: "When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to COME ON DOWN!!! ...."

Rhett Butler: "When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one man to severe ties with his lady love and confess that he does not, as a matter of course, give a damn, ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home